Friday, October 10, 2008

It's a Girl!


We are excited to let everyone know that we are expecting a baby girl this March! We are really excited for Gracie to have a sister. She is excited also, and is convinced that she too has a baby in her tummy. She likes to stick her belly out and tell me that her baby is growing bigger.


I had a really, REALLY, REALLY rough time for the first while and don't know if I would have gotten through it all without help from my great, fantastic, super mother in law and wonder- woman friends! So thank you to everyone who has been such a great help with Gracie.

Jesse has also been a fantastic husband, and was great at going on grape Gatorade runs in the middle of the night. Also I have to say I am very grateful for the anti-nausea drug Zofran-I will never get pregnant again without having a big supply.


Poor Jesse will be the only guy a house of girls, but he is doing his best at turning Gracie into a sports fan. Gracie knows that he is a softie, and will let her stay up late if she says "Daddy, let's watch sports." I think it is working well for both of them.

7 comments:

Shellie said...

That's so exciting!! I am so sad that we don't live near you guys anymore. Our families are lining right up with each other with two girls. I'm glad you're through the rough part of your pregnancy. That must have been awful if you had to go on meds. :( We're hoping to go out to Georgia this Christmas and will have to get together. Kallie and Gracie can be buds again! Love you guys.

Ali said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you! Sisters are the best. I remember when my doctor finally perscribed me some anti-nausea medication when I was pregnant with Morgan. The stuff totally knocked me out but I didn't care because overall I could finally function again.

Hope you're feeling better!

The Bartel Bunch... said...

You are so cute!
You make me feel terrible that you had such a hard time! I really hope things go better for you!
Congrats on the new girl!

b + j = calculus said...

hey jesse! i saw a link to your blog from jolyn's! congrats on the baby!

jamie horspool

Jil said...

Congrats Steph and fam! I'm glad you're starting to feel better and that Zofran is your friend, it only worked for me for a week, but it was a beautiful week!

I'm excited for you all!

Shanda said...

Hi Steph!! Congratulations! Wow! I'm sorry you have been sick though, that is the worst! But, there are l different ways you can take zofran, a shot, or a pill. I couldn't swallow the pill...I'd just throw it up--and that was one expensive pill to throw up! Just so you know, there are other options. I hope you get better soon! And how fun for sisters!!! We LOVE having two girls--even Dan does! Jesse is going to be so spoiled!

Jolyn said...

Congratulations - girls are the best! :) I grew up with 3 sisters, no boys. I hope you're feeling better!