Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Gracie loves to play the harmonica!



I finally got a video to upload! I am so excited! Our Internet provider just came and hooked us up with fiber optics so we just plug straight into the wall, no more modem! Our Internet is finally fast enough to upload videos. As you can see Gracie is surely a musical genius, did I mention she plays the recorder too?!(Just kidding!) She loves to make sounds with the harmonica or recorder or just her mouth and then she says "Mommy, did you hear that?" over and over again. She is pretty silly!


We went to Atlanta for the weekend to go to "White Christmas" at the Fox Theater. This is probably the earliest I have gone to a Christmas show. Well, I am a huge fan of the movie, but the musical just didn't hit it for me. I guess you can't beat Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye or Rosemarry Clooney (George Clooney's aunt) and Vera Ellen. If you haven't seen this one it is a great one to watch for the holiday season.


The weather here has finally cooled off and we finally had to turn on our heat at night last week. The highs are still in the seventy's so I seems really weird that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I am pretty sure that Statesboro has never had a white Christmas!

This is probably the closest we will ever get to a white Christmas. This is a cotton field next to our subdivision. It really looked beautiful! The sun hitting the cotton made it look bright white! The picture doesn't do it justice. A few days before they harvested the cotton, so now the field looks kind of sad. We also live near some pine tree farms. They cut down the trees and there was the most wonderful pine scent in the air. As you can see we live in a very rural area! The air is so fresh and you can see the stars at night and the sky is really blue on sunny days. We love our neighborhood!

3 comments:

Ali said...

Gracie is so cute! I love the pig-tails. You should post a video tour of your house. I would love to see it!

Shanda said...

That is TOO cute! Gracie looks so sweet! I can't believe how long her hair is! We're still waiting for Caitlyne's hair to grow!
I miss the cotton fields! That was our "white" Christmas in Arizona! I'm counting down to when we get to fly home. Are you guys going to be in Idaho during the Holiday? We're spending most of our holiday vacation in Arizona (I want a warm & Sunshiny Christmas!!!) but we'll probably be in Idaho around New Years. Your home looks beautiful! Makes me excited for 2009!!! :)

Stephanie said...

We just have a few more finishing touches on Gracie's room and then I want to video our house. It has been so much fun to own a home! I finally don't have to watch HGTV to get my kicks, I can actually do the projects I want!